Tenascin is the glycoprotein, which is one of the extracellular matrix,
and Tenascin-C, -X, -R, -W and -Y are known. Tenascin exists in the interstice
of epithelia and mesenchyme on organogenesis early stage. Additionally,
Tenascin is produced in cancer cells and the process of the wound healing.
Therefore, the possibility that tenascin is important as the cancer marker
This product is Anti Human Tenascin-C, monoclonal antibody, which is applicable
to research for cancer and other disorders, organogenesis and rebuilding
of body tissue.
- Antigen: Tenascin-C purified from the GIT medium culture supernatant
of human myeloma cells A375
- Purification: Purified by Protein G affinity chromatography from the
concentrate of culture supernatant
- Clone No.: 3-6C2
- Subclass: IgG2a.k (k: kappa)
- Specificity: Reactive with human and mouse tenascin-C
- Preparation: PBS(-) solution (pH 7.2) containing 0.1% sodium azide
as a preservative
- Concentration: 1 mg/mL
- Working Concentration: Immunohistochemistry 1 ~ 5 ug/mL (ug: micrograms
Staining of Tumor formed after subcutaneous implantation of human
ovarian tumor cells line to nude mouse
The section, which is prepared after fixing and embedding of tumor, is
stained by Anti Human Tenascin-C, Rat monoclonal antibody and FITC conjugated
rabbit anti-rat IgG. Then the examination under a laser-microscope was
Positive (green) is human and mouse tenascin-C. Red is the cell nuclei.
Fixative solution: 4% Paraformaldehyde in 0.1 mol/L phosphate buffer
Primary antibody: Anti Human Tenascin-C, Rat Monoclonal Antibody (Final
concentration: 1 ~ 5 ug/mL) (ug: micrograms)
Second antibody: FITC conjugated rabbit anti-rat IgG
Mounting medium: 0.05mol/L TBS (pH 8.0), 90 % Glycerol and 10 mg/mL DABCO
- Hiraiwa, N., et al.: "Induction of tenascin in cancer cells
by interactions with embryonic mesenchyme mediated by a diffusible factor",
J. Cell Sci., 104, 289-96 (1993).
- Beaulieu, J., et al.: "Expression of tenascin in the developing
human small intestine", Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun., 192,
- Sasano, H., et al.:, "Tenascin expression in normal and abnormal
human endometrium", Modern Pathology, 6, 323-6 (1993).
- Settles, D. L., et al.: "Tenascin-C knockout mouse has no
detectable tenascin-C protein", J. Neurosci. Res., 47,
- Whitlon, D. S., et al. : "Tenascin-C in the cochlea of the
developing mouse", J. Comp. Neurol., 406, 361-74 (1999).
||Wako Catalog No.
Anti Tenascin-C, Rat Monoclonal Antibody
-80 degrees C
* ug: micrograms