1-f) CETP Measurement
Cholesteryl ester tranfer protein (CETP) is one of the lipid transfer proteins, which mediates the transfer of cholesteryl ester (CE), triglyceride (TG) and phospholipids between lipoproteins.1) CETP facilitates the transfer of CE from high-density lipoprotein (HDL) to very-low-density lipoprotein (VLDL) and low-density lipoprotein (LDL), and also the transfer of TG from VLDL and LDL to HDL.2) The clinical signifi cance of CETP has been controversial.3)~7) Wako supplies two kind of CETP monoclonal antibody as well as the ELISA Kit, which is based on the sandwich enzyme immunoassay measures CETP mass.
1. Easy determination of human serum CETP
2. High linearity by 4.8 μg/mL
3. 4-hour procedure
1) Tall, A. R.: "Plasma lipid transfer proteins.", J. Lipid Res., 27, 361-7 (1986).
2) Morton, R. E. and Zilversmit, D.B.: "Inter-relationship of lipids transferred by the lipid-transfer protein isolated from human lipoprotein-defi cient plasma", J. Biol. Chem., 258, 11751-7 (1983).
3) Fielding, C. J. and Havel, R. J.: "Cholesteryl ester transfer protein: friend or foe?", J. Clin. Invest. , 97, 2687 (1996).
4) Inazu, A., Brown, M. L., Hesler, C. B., Agellon, L. B., Koizumi, J., Tanaka, K., Maruhama, Y., Mabuchi, H. and Tall, A. R.: "Increased high-density lipoprotein levels caused by a common cholesteryl-ester transfer protein gene mutation", N. Engl. J. Med. , 323, 1234-8 (1990).
5) Tall, A. R.: "Plasma cholesteryl ester transfer protein", J. Lipid Res. , 34, 1255-74 (1993).
6) Zhong, S., Sharp, D. S., Grove, J. S., Bruce, C., Yano, K., Curb, J. D. and Tall, A. R.: "Increased coronary heart disease in Japanese-American men with mutation in the cholesteryl ester transfer protein gene despite increased HDL levels", J. Clin. Invest ., 97, 2917-23 (1996).
7) Marotti, K. R., Castle, C. K., Boyle, T. P., Lin, A. H., Murray, R. W. and Melchior, G. W.: "Severe atherosclerosis in transgenic mice expressing simian cholesteryl ester transfer protein", Nature, 364, 73 (1993).
|Description||Wako Cat. # (Pkg. Size)||Dynamic Range||Note|
|Human CETP ELISA Kit Wako||290-65401 (72 tests)||0 ~ 4.8 μg/mL||Keep at 2~10°C|
|Related Antibodies||Wako Catalog No.||Concentration||Note|
|Anti Human CETP, Monoclonal Antibody (Clone #CETP-4)||010-21241 (100 μg)||1 mg/mL||<for Immunochemistry> Appearance: prepared in PBS containing 0.05% sodium azide. Specifi city: Specifi c to human CETP Antibody Titer: 1:10,000+ (ELISA)|
|This monoclonal antibody (Clone #CETP-4) inhibits cholesteryl ester transfer protein (CETP) activity. The 10 μg/mL antibody solution can entirely inhibit the CETP activity in the same quantity of normal serum.|
|Anti Human CETP, Monoclonal Antibody (Clone #CM5,a-27)||017-21251 (100 μg)||1 mg/mL|
|This monoclonal antibody, specifi cally recognizes SDS-treated CETP, is applicable to immunostaining on nitrocellulose membrane.|
Wako Product Update Bio-No.2 [ page. 7 ]
5-a Food Intake Research
- manufactured by Peptide Institue, mainly -