3. Reagents for Diabetes Research
3-g) OthersAcrp30, globular domain, Mouse, recombinant [Acrp30 : substance which improves insulin resistance]
Wako Cat. #017-19541 (25 μg)
Keep at -20C, Lyophilized
Acrp30 is a mouse homologue of adiponectin1). Adiponectin/Acrp30 is a adipocytokine secreted by adipose tissues. Unlike TNF-a or leptin, the serum levels of Acrp30 is known to decrease as obesity increases. It was recently reported that injection of adiponectin to diabetic mice improved insulin resistance2).
Mouse globular domain is a decomposition product of Acrp30 with molecular weight of 16,000 comprising 145 amino acids3).
It is characterized by more potent activity than Acrp30.
Appearance : Lyophilized from the fi lter sterilized 5 mmol/L Tris (pH 7.6)
Source : Mouse globular domain Acrp30- cDNA expressed in E. coli.
Endotoxin : < 0.1 ng/μg (1 Eμ/μg)
Reconstitution : Dissolve with 5 mmol/L Tris (pH 7.6) to make 0.1~1.0 mg/mL solution.
1) Maeda, K. et al.: "cDNA cloning and expression of a novel adipose specifi c collagen-like factor, apM1 (AdiPose Most abundant Gene transcript 1).", Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun., 221, 286-9 (1996).
2) Yamauchi, T. et al.: "The fat-derived hormone adiponectin reverses insulin resistance associated with both lipoatrophy and obesity", Nat. Med., 7, 941-6 (2001).
3) Scherer, P.E., et al.: "A novel serum protein similar to C1q, produced exclusively in adipocytes", J. Biol. Chem., 270, 24746-9 (1995).
Wako Product Update Bio-No.2 [ page. 20 ]
5-a Food Intake Research
- manufactured by Peptide Institue, mainly -