Mouse LIF (leukemia inhibitory factor) was found as a factor inducing differentiation of M1 cells, mouse leukemia-derived cells, to macrophages
and, thereafter, its inhibitory action on differentiation of embryonic stem cells (ES cells) was reported. At present, it is used in the culture of
mouse ES cells as a factor maintaining undifferentiating property of mouse ES cells.
This product is a recombinant protein prepared by expression of mouse LIF in E. coli. It contains 6 Histidine tags at the C-terminal.
StemSure series is a group of products guaranteed for cell proliferation and undifferentiation property by the practical tests (cell
proliferation test or colony forming test) and alkaline phosphatase (ALP) staining using mouse ES cell D3 strain.
1. Quality Control
- Practical test (mouse ES cells)
- ALP staining (mouse ES cells)
- Sterility test
- Mycoplasma test
- Endotoxin, etc.
2. Product Summary
- Origin: E. coli expressed mouse leukemia inhibitory factor
- Activity: 106 units/mL
- Unit Definition: One unit is one twentieth of the amount of rmLIF which induces 50% cell growth of the maximum cell growth in the cell
growth-promoting assay of mouse ES cells (D3).
- Working Dilution: Use of the final concentration at 1000 units/mL is recommended in the culture of mouse ES cell strain (D3 strain).
- Appearance: D-PBS, 1% BSA
- Sterility: 0.2-μm sterile filtered
- Storage conditions: To be stored at -20°C. Store at 2 to 10°C after thawing and use as immediately as possible.
Cell morphology and expression of undifferentiated marker
||Subculture at 1 x 105 cells/10-cm dish was repeated 11 times every 5 or 6 days, photographed under a phase contrast microscope, stained with
alkaline phosphatase (ALP), immunostaining (various markers for undifferentiation) and DAPI staining.
|<Composition of medium>
D-MEM + 15% KSR + 4mmol/L L-Glutamine + 2x Non-essential Amino Acid + 1x Penicillin-Streptomycin + 0.1mmol/L StemSure
2-Mercaptoethanol + StemSure: LIF
4. Product List
||StemSure LIF, Mouse, recombinant, Solution
5. Related Products
Not available for sale in the US, Canada, and Korea.
Reagents for researches of ES/iPS cells
Low-molecular compounds reported to involved in the maintenance of undifferentiation property and differentiation of ES/iPS cells are lined up.
⇒ Product Information (742 KB/6 p)
Cell culture-related reagents
Products such as liquid media, equilibrated salt solutions, trypsin-EDTA solutions and antibiotic solutions are lined up.
⇒ Product Information