Apolipoprotein B-48, which is a specific structual protein in lipoproteins such as chylomicron (CM) and chylomicron remnants derived from a small intestine, is a marker to correlate with for CM as exogenous lipid transporter after food intake.
- 1. LINK
- 2. Apolipoprotein B48 (ApoB-48)
- 3. Human Apo B-48 ELISA Kit
- 4. Rabbit Apo B-48 ELISA Kit
- 5. References
- 6. Product List
- 7. Caution for safety
- Leaflet (509 KB/4 pages)
2. Apolipoprotein B48 (ApoB-48)
What is Apolipoprotein B-48 (Apo B-48)?
Apolipoprotein B-48 is a specific structural protein in lipoproteins derived from the small intestine, such as chylomicron (CM) and chylomicron remnants. Since one role of CM is to transfer exogenous lipids derived from food to the liver or peripheral tissues, the measurement of Apo B-48 is considered a best marker for observation of exogenous lipid transportation after food intake.
- Changes in exogenous and endogenous cholesterol can be analyzed by measuring LDLcholesterol, HDLcholesterol, and Apo-B48 of the same sample (ref. 2).
- Fasting Apo B-48 level may be a marker of postprandial hyperlipidemia (ref. 9).
- Fasting Apo B-48 level is known to be useful for the evaluation of risks for developing atherosclerotic diseases: peripheral arterial disease (PAD), cardiovascular disease, and vascular endothelial dysfunction.
- It is also considered useful for the evaluation of CM remnants that have been implicated as a cause of atherosclerosis in the cardiovascular system.
3. Human Apo B-48 ELISA Kit
Changes in postprandial TG, Apo B-48, and Total Apo B
Nakano,T. et al. Ann. Clin. Biochem., 48, 57-64, Jan. 2011. (ref. 5)
|6 healthy men and 6 healthy women.
39 to 60 years old (Mean 52 years old).
After 12-hour fasting
Loading of oral OFTT cream (17 g/m2)
Although TG and Total Apo B are not correlated,
TG and Apo B-48 are correlated.
Comparison of Apo B-48 and Apo B-100 between the administration of Fluvastatin only and Fluvastatin + Omega-3 fatty acid
Omega 3 fatty acids induce a markerd reduction of apolipoprotein B48 when added to fluvastatin in patients with type 2 diabetes and mixed hyperlipidemia
Valdivielso, P. et al. Cardiovasc Diabetol, 8;8:1, Jan 2009. (ref. 1)
|Patients with type 2 diabetes + hyperlipidemia
Fluvastatin 80 mg group
Fluvastatin 80 mg + Omega-3 fatty acid 4 g group
Blood collection after 12-hour fasting
Easily evaluate dietary response by observing Apo B-48
4. Rabbit Apo B-48 ELISA Kit
Utilize Rabbit Apo B-48 ELISA for translational research on hyperlipidemia or arteriosclerosis.
Fluctuation of Apo B-48, Triglyceride, and Cholesterol in blood after administration of Ezetimibe
Kinoshita,M. et al.Exp.Anim. Vol.59(4), p459-467,2010. (ref. 3)
Rabbit: NZW, Male, 10-week-old, body weight: 2.5～3.0 kg, High-fat diet
[Day 1] High-fat diet
[Day 8] Divided into 2 groups
· Control group: Saline 3 mL, n = 3
♦ Ezetimibe group: Oral administration 0.6 mg/kg/day, Saline 3 mL, n = 3, SE, *p < 0.05, **p < 0.01
SE，* p<0.05, ** p<0.01
RESULT: Apo B-48 was significantly reduced although significant reduction was not confirmed with TG and Cho,
- "Omega 3 fatty acids induce a markerd reduction of apolipoprotein B48 when added to fluvastatin in patients with type 2 diabetes and mixed hyperlipidemia", Valdivielso, P., Rioja, J., Garcia-Arias, C., Sanchez-Chaparro, MA., Gonzalez-Santos, P., Cardiovasc Diabetol, 8; 8:1, Jan. 2009
- "Fasting and postprandial apolipoprotein B-48 levels in healthy,obese,and hyperlipidemic subjects", Otokozawa S, Ai M, Diffenderfer MR, Asztalos BF, Tanaka A, Lamon-Fava S, Schaefer EJ., Metabolism: clinical and experimental, 2009 Nov; 58(11): 1536-42
- "Determination of Immuno-Reactive Rabbit Apolipoprotein B-48 in Serum by ELISA", Makoto, Kinoshita., Teruhiko, Matsushima., Yamato, Mashimo, Masaaki, Kojima., Megumi, Kigure. and Tamio, Teramoto, Experimental Animals, 59(4),459-467, 2010
- "Postprandial apolipoprotein B48 is associated with asymptomatic peripheral arterial disease: A study in patients with type 2 diabetes and controls", Valdivielso, P., Puerta, S., Rioja, J., Alonso, I., Ariza, M. J., Sanchez-Chaparro, M. A., Palacios, R., Gonzalez-Santos, P., Clinica Chimica Acta, 411(5-6), 433-7, Mar 2010.
- "Particle Size of ApoB-48 Carrying Lipoproteins in Remnant Lipoproteins Isolated from postprandial plasma", Nakano, T., Tanaka, A., Okazaki, M., Tokita, Y., Nagamine, T. and Nakajima, K., Ann. Clin. Biochem., 48, 57-64, Jan 2011.
- "Postprandial lipoprotein metabolism: VLDL vs chylomicrons", Nakajima K, Nakano T, Tokita Y, Nagamine T, Inazu A, Kobayashi J, Mabuchi H, Stanhope KL, Havel PJ, Okazaki M, Ai M, Tanaka A., Clin. Chim. Acta., 412(15-16), 1306-18, Jul 2011.
- "The characteristics of remnantlipoproteins in the fasting andpostprandialplasma the fasting andpostprandialplasma", Nakajima K, Nakano T, Tokita Y, Nagamine T, Yatsuzuka S, Shimomura Y, Tanaka A, Sumino H, Nara M, Machida T, Murakami M., Clinica. Chimica. Acta, 413(13-14), 1077-86, Jul 2012.
- "Fasting apolipoprotein B48 is associated with asymptomatic peripheral arterial disease in type 2 diabetic subjects: A case-control study", Lapice E., Cipriano P., Patti L., Romano G., Vaccaro O, Rivellese A A., Atherosclerosis, 223(2), 504-6, Aug 2012.
- "Effect of combination therapy with Fenofibrate and Simvastatin on postprandial lipemia in the ACCORD Lipid Trial Gissette Reyes-Soffer, et al." Diabetes Care, 36, 422-8, Feb 2013.
- "Apolipoprotein B-48: A Unique Marker of Chylomicron Metabolism, Nakajima K, et al., Advances in Clinical Chemistry, 64, 117-77 2014.
6. Product List
|Product Name||Pkg. Size||Wako Cat. No.||Shibayagi Code||Measurement range||Storage Condition|
|Human Apo B-48 ELISA Kit||96 wells/kit||637-10641||AKHB48||2.5 ~ 160 ng/mL||Keep at 2~10°C.|
|Rabbit Apo B-48 ELISA Kit||96 wells/kit||622-04909||AKRB48||19.5 ~ 1,250 ng/mL|
7. Caution for safety
- The products on the brochure are research reagents. Please use only for the purpose of research. Do not use for the purpose of diagnosis or treatment.
- Keep the product in a cool dark place and use it by the expiration date.
- Use properly after reading the instructions thoroughly.
- Since the product contains sulfuric acid, be sure to handle it carefully.
- Follow the waste disposal guidelines of your institution after use.